What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential. The agent partner will assist after a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms of agreement
Services supplied by the agent partner
The agent partner will assist the client in completing all necessary forms and providing necessary documentation, such as Global Teaching Adventures application form, visas, travel insurance, back checks (if applicable).
The agent partner will be responsible for adequately screening all potential clients for suitability for a Global Teaching Adventures program.
Services supplied by Global Teaching Adventures
Global Teaching Adventures will assist the client in finding employment in any country in which Global Teaching Adventures operates. Global Teaching Adventures will provide extensive employment assistance to clients, including, but not limited to: A qualified placement meeting, creating videos for each client, helping each client create a professional resume, identifying teaching opportunities for each client, arranging placement meetings, and providing logistical support. While Global Teaching Adventures has a placement success rate above 96%, final placement decisions are at the complete discretion of our partner schools.
Global Teaching Adventures will arrange meetings between the client and the employer.
Global Teaching Adventures will assist the client with all visa and employment questions.
If the client is teaching in the suburbs, a school representative will meet the client at the airport to provide transport. But for areas outside of the city, the client may be required to arrange their own transport to the school. In those cases, detailed instructions will be provided beforehand.
While Global Teaching Adventures will take location requests into consideration, it does not guarantee that personal preferences can be met.
If the client rejects placement, Global Teaching Adventures is not obliged to provide further assistance to the client. Additional support is fully at the discretion of Global Teaching Adventures.
Global Teaching Adventures offers a partial placement money back guarantee of 80% of the online TESOL (with tutor price) if the client does not secure placement within 30 days of arrival in Asia. This refund policy is subject to the following conditions:
- If the client waives the Global Teaching Adventures placement because they wish to find their own employment, they are not entitled to the refund.
- If client is offered employment through an Global Teaching Adventures placement opportunity and the client declines the position, they are no longer entitled to the refund.
- If the client does not complete the TESOL course and/or does not pass the TESOL course with an 80%, they are no longer entitled to the refund.
Note: This refund policy does not apply to clients who do not hold a passport from the following counties: USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, and Ireland.
Note: This money back guarantee does not apply in situations of a school break period. The signing of a contract and the actual start of teaching may be longer than 30 days if the end of the TESOL course and/or arrival in Thailand falls under a school break period.
For South Korea and China the client will be given an employment contract before the client departs their home country.
The client shall pay directly to the agent partner all fees related to the services provided by Global Teaching Adventures.
In the event that Global Teaching Adventures receives any notice or claim from any client that the client wishes to cancel his or her program for any reason Global Teaching Adventures will not refund any fees to the client.
Global Teaching Adventures is not responsible for any fees that the client may incur as a result of the agent partner’s services, including, but not necessarily limited to, acquisition of airline tickets, visas, and travel insurance.
Non-liability for agent partner and Global Teaching Adventures
Global Teaching Adventures acknowledges that once the client leaves their home country, Global Teaching Adventures is the “managing agent” for that client, and all issues regarding that client must first come to Global Teaching Adventures for resolution.
The agent partner and Global Teaching Adventures specifically preclude themselves, their employees, any franchisees or agents of any liability for the following:
- The client not being employed due to unsuccessful completion of the TESOL course and/or incorrect information supplied (such as forging documentation and/or omitting information related to client’s ability or suitability to perform required duties).
- The client not being granted a visa for the country in which Global Teaching Adventures operates or not being allowed to enter the country;
- The Employer not fulfilling any of its obligations in terms of its contract of employment with the client;
- Any grievances (excluding minimum salary assurance) which the client may have concerning the client’s employment with the employer;
- Any act, omission, default or neglect of service rendered to the client or for any injury, illness, damage or loss to the client or goods belonging to the client;
Global Teaching Adventures provides the agent partner with extensive details on its programs and living costs in the host country. Global Teaching Adventures is not responsible if the agent partner provides inaccurate information to the client.