Our volunteer 3-week adventure
Thailand is our base and our original Adventure destination and that is why we chose it as the location of our non-profit English camps. Giving back to a country that has given so much; that is the philosophy behind Global Teaching Adventures' non-profit English Camp program. During the three-week program, we will visit Bangkok, Ayutthaya, and Koh Samet. Each of these areas will give you an in-depth look at life in Thailand. Your first week will be spent in Bangkok, doing orientation and learning some valuable Thai language. On the weekends you are free to enjoy the area and get to know each of these amazing towns and villages in Thailand.
- Completed Online TESOL certification
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Clear English accent
- At least 19 years old
- This program is open to all nationalities
- You do not need any teaching experience
- You do not need to know any Thai
- 20 Hour Online TESOL certification
- Thai language course
- Visa support
- Airport pick-up
- Breakfast and lunch (on camp days)
- A three-week program – orientation, teaching in Ayutthaya and one of Thailand's most beautiful islands
- Thai language certification
- Opportunity to visit the beautiful islands of Thailand
- Service hours and letter of recommendation for your resume
- 5th June 2017
The adventure process
Step 1: Pre-departure
- Sign up - Sign up online (you will need to have a resume and picture ready) and make payment to start your TESOL course.
- Visa - Once you have successfully completed your TESOL course we will provide visa assistance. If you are an American citizen you will receive a visa on arrival and do not need to apply for a visa before your departure.
- Flights - All flights will need to be into Bangkok International Airport (Suvarnabhumi Airport). You must have proof of an onward ticket within 30 days. If you choose to stay longer than the duration of the program then you will need to make arrangements for a 60 day tourist visa before your departure.
Step 2: Getting settled and orientation (week 1)
- Arrival - You will be picked up at the airport in Bangkok and taken to your hotel. If you choose to arrive outside of the designated pick-up hours you will receive instructions on how to make your way to the accommodation on your own. This will be sent via email prior to your departure.
- Orientation - You will spend up to a week in Bangkok completing orientation. This orientation includes a Thai language course, cultural outings, and preparation for the upcoming English camp.
Step 3: English camp (week 2-3)
- Camp process - We will spend two weeks traveling to various provinces in Thailand conducting non-profit English camps for disadvantaged children. The English camps take place in two main areas of Thailand: Ayutthaya and Koh Samet. Both of these places offers a unique experience.