Our volunteer 6-week adventure
The Volunteer English Camp program is a six-week adventure that incorporates travel to three different countries in Southeast Asia: Thailand, Myanmar, and Cambodia. Your adventure begins in Krabi, a resort beach town, then continues to one of Thailand's most beautiful islands. In our second week, on another island, we will volunteer at a school for kindergarten to primary level students. Next stop Yangon, the capital of Myanmar where we have the opportunity to learn about a new country. For our third country, we will make our way to Siem Reap, Cambodia where your program includes a trip to Angkor Wat, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Completed Online TESOL certification
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Clear English accent
- At least 19 years old
- This program is open to all nationalities
- You do not need any teaching experience
- You do not need to know any Thai, Burmese or Khmer
- 20 Hour Online TESOL certification
- Thai language course
- Cambodian Visa
- Airport pick-up
- Breakfast and lunch (on camp days)
- Travel between Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia
- Entrance to Angkor Wat - a UNESCO World Heritage site
- A six-week program – orientation, teaching in Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia
- Thai language certification
- Opportunity to visit the beautiful islands of Thailand
- Service hours and letter of recommendation for your resume
- Flights to Asia
- 2nd July 2017
The adventure process
Step 1: Pre-departure
- Sign up - Sign up online (you will need to have a resume and picture ready) and make payment to start your TESOL course.
- Visa - Once you have successfully completed your TESOL course we will provide visa assistance. If you are an American citizen you will receive a visa on arrival and do not need to apply for a visa before your departure.
- Flights - All flights will need to arrive at Krabi International Airport. Your flights from Thailand to Myanmar and Cambodia are included in your program fee.
Step 2: Getting settled and orientation (week 1)
- Arrival - You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your hotel in Krabi. If you choose to arrive outside of the designated pick-up hours you will receive instructions on how to make your way to the accommodation on your own. This will be sent via email prior to your departure.
- Orientation - You will spend up to a week in Krabi completing orientation. This orientation includes a Thai language course, cultural outings, and preparation for the upcoming English camp.
Step 3: English camp (week 2-6)
- Camp process - We will spend five weeks traveling to various provinces in Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia conducting Non-profit English camps for disadvantaged children.
English camp Thailand - We will spend one week in Thailand conducting a Non-profit English camp for children in a local kindergarten and primary school. You will teach for five days and have free time on the weekends to go on your own adventures.
English camp Myanmar - We will fly from Bangkok to Yangon, Myanmar where we will travel onward to our next volunteer location. You will teach college students in the morning for five days and in the afternoon you will teach at an orphanage. The students' ages will range from five to nineteen years old. You will have free time to travel around Myanmar and visit places like Mandalay and Inle Lake.
English camp Cambodia - Camp in Cambodia will take place in Siem Reap where we will teach young children ranging in age form five to eighteen. This trip includes a visit to UNESCO world heritage sight Angkor Wat. You will also have free time to travel on your own during the weekends.
Step 4: Wrapping up our last days
- Return to Thailand - By now you would have spent five weeks giving back to the local communities and changing lives. It's time for us to say goodbye! We will return to Bangkok where we will go our separate ways, all of us going different places, but each of us Adventurers.