Our volunteer island adventure
Our newest three-week volunteer island adventure is ideal for anyone that loves the beach! This adventure includes travel to two of Thailand's most beautiful islands, Koh Phi Phi and Koh Samet. Orientation will begin in Krabi, a resort beach town that is the gateway to the islands. Once all your fellow volunteers have landed we will make our way by boat to our first island. After a day of teaching, you are free to explore the beaches! This volunteer program is best suited for someone who loves adventures, swimming in crystal clear water, relaxing on the beach, and has a passion for helping those in need.
- Completed Online TESOL certification
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Clear English accent
- At least 19 years old
- This program is open to all nationalities
- You do not need any teaching experience
- You do not need to know any Thai
- 20 Hour Online TESOL certification
- Thai language course
- Visa support
- Airport pick-up
- Breakfast and lunch (on camp days)
- A three-week program – orientation, teaching on two of Thailand most beautiful islands
- Thai language certification
- Service hours and letter of recommendation for your resume
- 4th June 2017
The adventure process
Step 1: Pre-departure
- Sign Up - Sign up online (you will need to have a resume and picture ready) and make payment to start your TESOL course.
- Visa - Once you have successfully completed your TESOL course we will provide visa assistance. If you are an American citizen you will receive a visa on arrival and do not need to apply for a visa before your departure. You must have proof of an onward ticket within 30 days. If you choose to stay longer than the duration of the program then you will need to make arrangements for a 60-day tourist visa before your departure.
- Flights - All flights will need to arrive at Krabi International Airport.
Step 2: Getting settled and orientation (week 1)
- Arrival - You will be picked up from the airport and taken to your hotel in Krabi.
- Orientation - You will spend up to a week in Krabi completing orientation. This orientation includes a Thai language course, cultural outings, and camp preparation.
Step 3: English camp (week 2-3)
- Camp process - We will spend two weeks traveling to various provinces in Thailand conducting a non-profit English camps for disadvantaged children. These camps take place on two islands: Koh Phi Phi and Koh Samet.