Our volunteer monks, meditation and cooking adventure
Our monks, meditation, and cooking adventure will reward you in a multitude of ways. Find inner peace and a regain a sense of calmness in your life surrounded by the ancient temples of Ayutthaya, a UNESCO world heritage site. The benefits of meditation include increased focus, higher immunity, and reduced anxiety making this program life-changing. For two weeks you can be a part of an adventure that encompasses everything that makes Thai culture unique.
- Completed Online TESOL certification
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Clear English accent
- At least 19 years old
- This program is open to all nationalities
- You do not need any teaching experience
- You do not need to know any Thai
- 20 Hour Online TESOL certification
- Thai language course
- Visa support
- Airport pick-up
- Breakfast & lunch on teaching days
- A two-week program – orientation, Thai cooking course, meditation course, and teaching Thai monks
- Thai language certification and Thai cooking course
- Meditation practices taught by Thai monks
- Service hours and letter of recommendation for participating in non-profit services
- 13th August 2017
The adventure process
Step 1: Pre-departure
- Sign up - Sign up online (you will need to have a resume and picture ready) and make payment to start your TESOL course.
- Visa - Once you have successfully completed your TESOL course we will provide visa assistance. If you are an American citizen you will receive a visa on arrival and do not need to apply for a visa before your departure.
- Flights - All flights will need to be into Bangkok International Airport (Suvarnabhumi Airport). You must have proof of an onward ticket within 30 days. If you choose to stay longer than the duration of the program then you will need to make arrangements for a 60-day tourist visa before your departure.
Step 2: Getting settled and orientation (week 1)
- Arrival - A Global Teaching Adventures representative will pick you up and take you to your hotel in Bangkok. If you choose to arrive outside of the designated pick-up hours you will receive instructions on how to make your way to the accommodation on your own. This will be sent via email prior to your departure.
- Orientation - You will spend up to a week in Bangkok completing orientation. This orientation includes a Thai language course, cultural outings, and preparation for the upcoming English camp.
Step 3: English camp (week 2)
- Camp process - We will spend two weeks traveling to various provinces in Thailand conducting Non-profit English camps for Thai monks while honing our cooking and meditation skills.