Our teach South Korea adventure
Teaching English in South Korea can be an excellent alternative to the traditional post-graduate employment path. It is also an amazing opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, while experiencing the rich culture of the East. Teaching English in South Korea can be the start of a lucrative, professional career path as well as your chance to gain international experience! Global Teaching Adventures will provide you with assistance to make this exciting career jump in a foreign land a smooth transition. Teachers can expect to get a salary of between $1700 to $2600 US per month, based on a 30 hrs/wk (6 hours per day). All contracts are for a minimum of 12 months, and are renewable. Teachers also get FREE furnished housing, FREE airfare, paid holidays and health insurance coverage.
- Completed Online TESOL certification
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in any field of study or a diploma in English or Education
- At least 21 years old
- For placement, the following passport holders are preferred: American, Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand or South African, but our TESOL course is open to all nationalities.
- Be willing to commit for at least 12 months
- Do not need any teaching experience
- Do not need to know any Korean
- 120 Hour TESOL
- job placement
- Medical insurance (depending on contract)
- Visa support
- Flights and airport pickup
- Contract negotiation
- Full background check on school
- Supplementary teaching resources
- You will earn between 1.8 and 2.7 Million South Korean Won per month.
This could be almost doubled if you are willing to teach extra hours privately
- Some placements offer medical coverage
- You will be given free accommodation and airfare
(in some cases airfare will need to be paid up front and then reimbursed within the first month)
- Full orientation and training will be given to each client before they start work
- All year-round
The South Korea adventure process
Step 1: Pre-departure
- Sign up online (you will need to have a resume and picture ready) and make payment to start your TESOL course. As the South Korean visa takes so long (6 - 8 weeks) to process, we suggest that you start this process before you complete your TESOL course.
Step 2: Visa documentation collection
- Getting your South Korean visa is going to take approximately 6 - 8 weeks. Global Teaching Adventures will guide you through this process.
Step 3: Scheduled interview
- Global Teaching Adventures will schedule a interview with the school.
Step 4: Visa collection
- Once your visa is ready, we will send you your visa number via email. You need to take this number to the South Korean embassy in your country and apply for your visa.
Step 5: Flights booked
- Once your visa has been finalized your flights will be arranged by Global Teaching Adventures and details will be sent to you. Schools will either pay for your flights up front or the full amount will be reimbursed to you within the first month (this will be stated in your contract).
The South Korean visa process
For a list of South Korean embassies around the world, please click here. Getting your South Korean visa is going to take approximately 6 - 8 weeks. Global Teaching Adventures will guide you through this process. To obtain a visa number (needed to get your work visa put into your passport) from South Korea, you need the following documents. Korean authorities will not grant your visa unless all your documents are exactly as follows:
- Two copies of your University Degree with apostille
Please request two sets and keep one for your records or as a backup. This is not the same as a normal certification that you would get a local police station. It is normally bound with ribbon and a wax stamp. Transcripts need to be sealed in an official university envelope. Envelopes that are not sealed will not be accepted.
- 4 x color passport photos
- Criminal Record Check - This must be appostilled. You will need to send the original plus a copy. This will take between 6 and 8 weeks to process, please apply as soon as you have confirmed that you would like to start your Asian Adventure.
- Photocopy of passport - Information page and signature page, if not the same as information page
- Original signed contract from school - This will be sent to you by Global Teaching Adventures once your interview is successful
- Original signed Self Health check - This will be sent to you by Global Teaching Adventures once your interview is successful.