Our summer in Thailand adventure
The summer in Thailand program allows you to have a summer abroad and get paid for it! If you have teaching experience or a bachelor's degree you are eligible for this program. For two months you will become the lead English teacher in a Thai classroom. The first week we will conduct an orientation which includes a Thai language course and a Thai cooking class. Imagine your own apartment in Thailand, traveling to world class beaches, and visiting ancient temples on the weekends. You will learn what it means to be Thai, make friends to last a lifetime and eat like a local. The students you meet will leave lasting impressions and you will gain professional experience working within the Thai school system.
- Completed Online TESOL certification
- Minimum of a collage school degree
- Clear English accent
- At least 21 years old
- For placement, the following passport holders are preferred:
American, Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand or South African,
but our TESOL course is open to all nationalities
- You do not need any teaching experience
- You do not need to know any Thai
- 120 Hour Online TESOL certification
- Job placement
- Thai language course
- Medical insurance (depending on contract)
- Visa support
- Airport pick-up
- Accommodation assistance
- Contract negotiation
- Full background check on school
- Supplementary teaching resources
- You will get paid a minimum of $600 per month
- Summer 2017
The summer in Thailand adventure process
Step 1: Pre-departure
- Sign Up - Sign up online (you will need to have a resume and picture ready) and make payment to start your TESOL course.
- Visa - Once you have successfully completed your TESOL course we will provide visa assistance. The Thai visa normally takes 24 hours to process.
- Flights - Once your visa is ready, you can then purchase your flights. All flights will need to be into Bangkok International Airport (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
Step 2: Arrival and getting settled
- Arrival - You will be picked up at the airport in Bangkok.
- Getting settled - Check in at your hotel. Your accommodation in Bangkok will be for approximately one week. You will then be placed in your new teaching position.
Step 3: Placement
- Placement meetings - Once you have qualified for a teaching placement, Global Teaching Adventures will arrange a placement meeting.
- Placement confirmation - Once you have been accepted by a school you will be briefed on where to go and when to begin teaching.
- Begin teaching job - You will begin working as a teacher in the Thai school system.
The Thailand visa process
For a list of Thai embassies around the world, please click here. You will be traveling to Thailand on a tourist visa. Once you get your tourist visa you will need to enter Thailand within three months from the date it is granted. Once you get to Thailand, you will meet your school director. You will then be given all the necessary documentation to apply for your work permit.
You will need the following documentation to apply for your tourist visa:
- Two completed and signed application forms
- Your passport (which should be valid for at least six months from the date of application)
- Two recent photographs (cannot be the same as in passport)
- Travel document (photocopy of air ticket / booking / reservation / itinerary)
- Bank statement of financial means equivalent to 20,000 Baht
- The Visa fee
What do you do after you get to Thailand?
You will be entering Thailand on a tourist visa (double entry), which is valid for 60 days. This can be extended for another 30 days at any immigration office, giving you 90 days in total that you can stay in Thailand.