Your adventure will be structured and at the same time open to schedule changes. One of the things we pride ourselves on is giving you an authentic Thai experience, traveling like a local, eating like a local and embracing the adventure in the unplanned. Things are gong to change, people are going to be late, trains are going to be missed, embrace this ... and understand that this is the Asian way of life.
Sunday, June 25th
- This is the start of your adventure! Breakfast is included with your hotel accommodation, so dig in and get ready to start discovering your new surroundings. We will meet around 9:00am in the lobby for a question and answer session. This is the best time to ask all those placement questions!
- Lunch break from 12:00 – 1:30
- Now it is time to see some Bangkok by tuk-tuk! The tour will take four hours. There is an additional cost of 340 Baht per person for this trip. We will need to collect the money for this in the morning.
- We have planned a trip to China Town in the evening. It will start with light snacks and drinks at a river-side restaurant. From there we will be taking a walk in China Town and then onto Khao San Road. You will be responsible for all travel costs. Be sure to get a card from the hotel (with the address) in case you'd like to come back before everyone else.
Adventure Tip: Grab a free map at the BTS station and familiarize yourself with the stops, the Skytrain or MRT (the subway) will take you around the city for a few Baht and help you avoid the world famous Bangkok traffic. Your hotel is located at the Sala daeng (BTS) or Lumphini (MRT) but be sure to hop on the Sukhumvit line on the BTS to visit world renowned shopping areas and nightlife.
Monday, June 26h
- It's time to see a few temples by boat! We will meet in the lobby at 10:00am. We will take care of your travel costs but be sure to bring extra money with if you'd like to buy gifts and souvenirs.
Adventure Tip: Indulge in a Thai massage, about 350 baht to help soothe sore muscles after a long flight.
Tuesday, June 27th
- Travel to Ayutthaya. We will meet downstairs with all our luggage to make our way to the train station where will we get on a local train to travel to the countryside and leave the fast-paced city behind
- Check in to your new accommodation and relax!
- Meet up for dinner so we can get a feel for our new location and discuss plans for the week
Adventure Tip: We want to experience Thailand like a local so we are riding the local's train, it will be hot so be prepared with water and extra cash to buy snacks and drinks on the train from the vendors who hop on and off between stops.
Wednesday, June 28th
- Meet at the school at 8:15. Morning assembly starts at 8:30. Please remember the school dress code - parents will be watching. Morning assembly is a big deal in Thailand and we will all just do a short introduction.
- Games and lessons - we will break into groups of two or three and play a few games or simple lessons with the kids. Please think about this before and be prepared with something that has worked in a class you've taught before.
- We'll do this for about two hours and then it's time for a field trip! We will be taking the kids to the floating market.
Thursday, June 29th
- It's time for a Thai language lesson in the morning. Please meet at the school at 8:15. We will do morning assembly and then start our Thai lesson.
- Lunch break from 1:00 – 2:00
- Placement! We will meet back in the class at 3:00 and find out where everyone will be teaching.
- City tour on motorbikes! If you feel comfortable riding a motorbike, we will be renting them and going to see all the amazing ruins this city has to offer. There is also a tuk-tuk option available.
Friday, June 30th
- Today we check out and go to our schools! Most of us will be going Back to Bangkok and then taking transport to your school from there. For those of you that are going up North (and would like to take a train) you can leave directly from the station in Ayutthaya.