Our teach Taiwan adventure
For the adventurer looking for a unique experience that encompasses an ancient culture, Taiwan, our newest paid teaching adventure, is the place to go. Known as 'The Heart of Asia', Taiwan is a blend of old and new, you will see influences from its rich cultural history while gaining an understanding of how Taiwan is distinctly its own culture.
- Completed Online TESOL certification
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in any field of study
- Clear English accent
- At least 21 years old
- For placement, the following passport holders are preferred:
American, Australian, British, Canadian, New Zealand or South African,
but our TESOL course is open to all nationalities
- You do not need any teaching experience
- You do not need to know any Mandarin
- 120 Hour Online TESOL certification
- Job placement
- Medical insurance (depending on contract)
- Visa support
- Accommodation assistance
- Contract negotiation
- Full background check on school
- Supplementary teaching resources
- You will get paid between 50,000 and 80,000 $NT per month (approx. $1600 to $2500)
This could be almost doubled if you are willing to teach extra hours privately
- You will get all school holidays off
- 4th September 2017
The Taiwan adventure process
Step 1: Pre-departure
- Sign up - Sign up online (you will need to have a resume and picture ready) and make payment to start your TESOL course.
- Visa - Once you have successfully completed your TESOL course we will provide visa assistance. Americans do not need a visa to enter Taiwan and are able to stay for 90 days.Once you get to Taiwan, your school will help you apply for an ARC (Alien Residence Certificate). This will allow you to work in Taiwan.
- Flights - Once you have completed your online TESOL course, you can then purchase your flights. All flights will need to be into (Taipei) Taoyuan International Airport, (Taichung) Taichung International Airport or (Kaohsiung) Kaohsiung International Airport.
Step 2: Arrival and getting settled
- Arrival - You will be picked up at the airpot.
- Getting settled - Check in at your hotel. Your accommodation will most likely be at a hotel for approximately one week (this may or may not be covered by the school) while your long term accommodation is being arranged.
Step 3: Placement
- Placement - Your placement will be arranged before your departure
- Begin teaching job - You will begin working as a teacher in your new school
The Taiwan visa process
For a list of Taiwan embassies around the world, please click here. You will enter Taiwan without a visa if you are from the United States. Once you get to Taiwan, you will meet your school director. You will then be given all the necessary documentation to apply for your ARC (Alien Residence Certificate).
You will need the following documentation to apply for your tourist visa (if you are American, this does NOT apply to you):
- Two completed and signed application forms
- Your passport (which should be valid for at least six months from the date of application)
- Two recent photographs (cannot be the same as in passport)
- Travel document (photocopy of air ticket / booking / reservation / itinerary)
- Bank statement of financial means equivalent to 10,000 $NT (approx. $320)
- The visa fee
What do you do after you get to Taiwan?
You will enter Taiwan on a tourist visa which is valid for 90 days (for American passport holders). Once you are in Taiwan, your school will start working on your ARC (Alien Residence Certificate). This should take betake between two and three weeks. While this is being processed you will be allowed to work in Taiwan.