Suggested packing list for Asia
Asia is a must visit destination for round-the-world travelers, especially for the cheap prices and beautiful beaches. Pack light! Prices in Asia are very low compared to the west. While most people imagine the humidity of the beaches around Phuket and Ko Phi Phi, the mountains near Chiang Mai bring a totally different experience for travelers.
The temperatures soar to the high 90s Fahrenheit in the summer and April is the hottest month of the year for most of Southeast Asia. If you wait until July to visit, the rainy season begins, which can often derail your travel plans.
- 2 dresses – For nice dinners and using as swimsuit cover ups. Try the Infinity Skirt on for size
- 3 outfits to teach in - remember that when teaching you need to cover your shoulders and dresses must cover the knee
- 2 pairs of shorts – Better suited for hiking and more adventurous activities - leave the jeans at home
- 4 tank tops or T-shirts – Those sweltering days will be best spent in light shirts
- 2 swimsuits
- 1 towel
- Sarong – Good to use as a beach cover up or towel or to cover your shoulders in temples
- Closed toed shoes – If you wear flip flops at the Full Moon Party you will only wake up with one! Closed toed shoes like Toms are less likely to get lost
- Flip flops – For a day at the beach or for hostel dorms
- Nice flats or sandals – For a night out when flip flops won’t do
Doing laundry is not only easy, but extremely cheap! Most laundry shops can have all your laundry done and back to you within 24 hours.